Software Developer II (Frederick, MD)
iHire, an award-winning employment site headquartered in Downtown Frederick, MD, is seeking a Software Developer II to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll develop new software and technologies for the company to use on its websites and backend systems in support of customer service, sales, marketing, human resources, finance/billing, and other functional areas.
The right person for this role will:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in software development.
- Show mastery in one or more areas of software development and a solid understanding of best practices in the software development lifecycle.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, be detail oriented, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Your day-to-day duties:
- Strive to produce defect-free software programs, websites, and services using the latest technology/current standards in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Apply advanced technical skills to produce deliverables (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, and documentation).
- Develop designs and suggest process improvements using creativity and advanced thinking.
- Follow our development/design standards when producing software products, modules, and libraries.
- Use basic design concepts and patterns to allow for others to easily understand the code and modify it.
- Provide adequate unit- and system-level testing of features and bug fixes to include nominal cases, edge cases, and negative tests; communicate tests that should be run once the system is deployed to the production environment.
- Initiate and meet with business owners to discuss requirements for new projects; actively participate in requirements-gathering sessions.
- Track software development activities and provide clear, concise, and accurate project statuses and identify impediments to meeting project schedules and/or budgets; actively participate in team meetings, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and best practices within the software industry to remain current with the latest tools and techniques; share knowledge with other team members.
iHire isn’t your average company. We value passion, ability, enthusiasm, and dedication. And, we provide a flexible environment where the best employees can thrive. iHire is always looking to add motivated people to our team who want to grow with us and become leaders. We have a casual work environment, emphasize work-life balance, and offer competitive benefits that set us apart from the rest. For these reasons and more, iHire was voted one of the Best Places to Work in Frederick County in 2016.