If you aren’t receiving many responses to your job ad, here are a few quick tips to increase applications:
- Ensure the email address and any other contact information associated with the posting is correct.
- Confirm the job title you selected matches your open position and uses the same terminology that candidates do when searching for jobs.
- Verify that the zip code is correct. Also, consider upgrading to a Nationwide posting or using the zip code of a more densely populated area to cast a wider net.
- Closely review your job description from the candidate’s perspective. Does it effectively “sell” the open position and your company? Is it between 1,000 and 5,000 characters long? Too much or not enough information will discourage applications.
- If you are using an external URL to receive applications, make sure the link is working properly.
You can update your job posting at any time by visiting the Manage Jobs page.
Also, keep in mind that we email your job ad to matching candidates. When they click on your job ad from that email, it counts as a “view.” If you have several views but no applications, those candidates may have decided to apply at a later date.
For further assistance, please check out our employer resources or contact our Customer Success team at 877-316-4111, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST.